Up Exe Halt
Up Exe Halt was originally called Up Exe and Silverton,even though Silverton already had a station as part of the Bristol to Exeter Line. In 1905 it was renamed Up Exe.
It had a station master's house and a stone building used as a waiting room for the passengers. In a cost saving exercise, all staff were removed from the station in 1923 and it was renamed Up Exe Halt.
The station master's house then became the level crossing keeper's house and the other buildings were converted into private houses.Passengers lost their stone waiting room and were supplied with a simple iron waiting shelter instead.
1906 Map-Note the old name of the station.